Don’t Be Held Hostage By Ransomware
By Veriato - October 30, 2017
Ransomware, a type of malware that encrypts your critical files until money is paid, continues to wreak havoc on organizations worldwide. In fact, studies show that more than half have experienced a ransomware attack, and it takes them an average of 33 hours to recover lost data—with only 23 percent of companies completely recovering their lost data. According to researchers, the spread of these attacks were projected to cost companies $1 billion dollars in 2016 alone!
To combat the issue and prevent these potentially astronomical costs in resources and undue stress, Veriato today introduced its new RansomSafe™ solution. RansomSafe™ actually detects and stops ransomware attacks on file servers as they occur.
How does it work?
- With a robust database of known variants combined with deception-based techniques to detect unknown variants, RansomSafe™ is able to detect an attack before it succeeds in encrypting the organization’s critical files. It also blocks the user account attempting to encrypt files and make changes to the file system, shutting down the attack to prevent further encryption attempts and to minimize the restoration effort required.
- RansomSafe™ backs up a company’s files immediately before they are changed, making copies of the latest version of the files and storing them safely away, out of reach of the attack.
- Once the attack is disrupted, the most current versions of any affected files can be recovered in minutes with just a few clicks.
As a result, companies save significant time, money and undue stress associated with ransomware attacks.
According to Veriato CSO David Green, “This vital layer of defense can be installed in minutes and costs far less than a ransom payment. RansomSafe™ saves the time and money a company would spend in reclaiming their systems and restoring files, and offers companies peace of mind knowing these attacks will detected and stopped before they really start!”
Could You Have Seen It Coming?January 16, 2017
Why Data Breaches are caused by Employee NegligenceJanuary 24, 2019
Fight Timecard Fraud and Wage Theft with Employee MonitoringJanuary 14, 2019
- Cyber & Data Security
- Employee Monitoring Software
- Insider Threat Detection & Prevention
- Data Loss & Theft Prevention
- User Behavior Analytics
- Ransomware Prevention and Detection
- User Activity Monitoring
- Artificial Intelligence - AI
- Forensic & Employee Investigations
- Machine Learning
- Cyber Security Awareness Month
- higher education